The Parris Island Historical and Museum Society is a certified Non-profit organization. To verify the Society as a Non-profit organization in good standing go to the South Carolina Secretary of State website at: http://www.sos.sc.gov/index.asp?n=18&p=4&s=18&corporateid=14812
To view the Society’s 990's got to the official website for non-profits, Guidestar, at: www.guidestar.org
To view the Society’s By Laws, click here: 2012 By-Laws
The Society sponsors an annual college scholarship of $3,000 awarded to qualifying High School graduates to be used towards college tuition. For details on the program and to apply go to the Community Foundation of the Low Country at: http://www.cf-lowcountry.org.
- Eligibility: Applicants must be an enlisted active duty Marine, currently assigned to the Tri-Command/Eastern Recruiting Region or their family member.
- Qualifications: Applicants must be a high school graduate or a senior planning to graduate at the end of the school year, and must provide proof of enrollment in a undergraduate or graduate program, or have previously attended college.
- Award: There will be one scholarship presented based on academic performance, community and extracurricular activities, and future potential.
The Society also works with other organizations to provide scholarships to deserving High School students and to Marines seeking higher education to enhance their lives and careers.
Dennis Brennan, Parris Island Historical & Museum Society's president (left), and David Reynolds, Society treasurer, present the annual academic scholarship check to Madison Summerill, a graduate from Whale Branch Early College High School. She will be attending the College of Charleston this Fall. (PIHMS Photo By George E. Hijar)
Membership to the Society includes Gift Shop discounts, participation in preservation projects and sponsorship of educational programs. Members receive a copy of the Society’s newsletter, Iron Mike, which includes articles on Marine Corps history and the status on ongoing projects. All members are welcome to attend the quarterly Board of Directors meetings.
You can click on the printer icon above PIHMS Membership to print this page and mail it with your payment. Please check all the boxes that apply.
NEW or RENEWALS:
- Individuals/Renewal Membership $20/year
- Memorial Board $50 (one time, provide honoree name).
- Life Membership $1000 (one time or $100/year for 10 years)
Active Duty Military
Please send your membership payment to:
Parris Island Historical & Museum Society
PO Box 5202
Parris Island, S.C. 29905-5202
Your attention and prompt payment is greatly appreciated.
If you are giving a donation along with your membership fee, please indicate the type of membership desired and the amount to be designated as a donation. You may note this on the remarks section of the check or on an attached note ( i.e. $20 Renewal Membership - $15 Donation), so it can be properly credited to you.